Our Mitzvah Volunteer Program is designed for pre-teens entering into adulthood. Its purpose is to provide them with a meaningful way of empowering themselves as they give to others. Boys and girls in 7th & 8th grades will meet once a week for a five week series. Each session will build upon previous lessons helping participants reach a level of confidence in spending time with a special friend. During this program they will be paired with current Friendship Circle Teen Friends and participate in actual Friendship Circle programs with children with special needs. At the completion of the program each attendee will receive a certificate documenting his/her involvement.
Spring MVP Schedule:
- Learning Monday, February 22nd 5:30 – 6:30pm – “Intro. to special needs; understanding the challenges”
- Activity Sunday, February 28th 3:30 – 4:30pm – “Cooking Circle program”
- Learning Monday, February 29th 5:30 – 6:30pm – “Engaging people with special needs and making friends”
- Activity Sunday, March 6th 3:30 – 4:30pm – “Martial Arts program”
- Learning Monday, March 7th 5:30 – 6:30pm – “Recognizing Abilities”
- Activity Sunday, March 13th 3:30 – 4:30pm – “Birthday Circle program”
- Learning Monday, March 14th 5:30 – 6:30pm – “Bridging the Gap – what we can do about it”
- Activity Sunday, March 20th 3:30 – 4:30pm – “Friends On The Town program”
- Learning Monday, March 21st 5:30 – 6:30pm – MVP Awards Ceremony – “Oh The Places You’ll Go!”
All learning programs are held at Lubavitch Educational Center. Friendship Circle’s “MVP” qualifies for 9 hours of community service. After completing the Mitzvah Volunteer Program, participants may schedule a meeting to apply as Teen Friends for FC Programs. Click to register. Feel free to contact us with questions.