Join Ms. Sue for some pre-Rosh Hashana baking. Let’s make Honey Cake!
1 c. & 2 T. Flour
1 tsp. Baking Powder
¼ tsp. Baking Soda
¼ tsp. Salt
1/3 c. Oil
1/3 c. Honey
½ c. Sugar
2½ T. Brown Sugar
1 large Egg
½ tsp. Vanilla
1/3 c. Brewed Coffee
2½ T. Orange Juice
- Preheat oven to 350°F and generously grease loaf pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add oil.
- Measure 1/3 cup of honey and save about 1½ Tablespoons for drizzling over the batter
- Add sugars, egg, vanilla, coffee, and orange juice.
- Mix well until all ingredients are combined and no lumps remain.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Drizzle the 1½ Tablespoon of honey over the batter.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the cake is set all the way through and feels springy to the touch, about 30 minutes. A tester inserted into the center should come out clean.
- Let cool 15 minutes before removing from the pan. Slide a knife around the edges to help loosen the cake, if necessary.